Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fairy!??!?

I am pretty upset that the grading fairy has yet to visit my classroom or the bag that I keep carrying back and forth to and from school. Who is keeping her busy? Seriously, I can't seem to find an extra minute to grade...and you may ask why not now? Well my three year old doesn't mind when I get on the computer (at least until she wants to play games), but as soon as those papers come out she wants to help! Which means coloring on the papers. I try to give her, her own papers to "grade" but she knows the difference...little smarty!

So my few days have been filled with laundry, doctor's visits, and a ton of cuddling...I seriously have a sore arm

*BREAK*

I'm back, not that you knew or even noticed I was gone, but I was! My daughter just decided that she is still sick. Since most of you all are teachers I have no problem sharing that I just saw EVERYTHING my child ate for the entire day! She is past the fever and we thought the throwing up...and is on antibiotics for the next 10 days for an ear infection...but woke up this morning with a lot of drainage and coughing. So she pretty much just coughed herself into throwing up.

Did I mention that after 3 1/2 days of this I headed back to work yesterday to be greeted by a puking student before the first bell even rang! Oh the joys.

Well seeing that I have not had a spare minute to make anything and that darn fairy isn't coming to visit any time soon...I'll share some freebies with you all that I have managed to find.

The first is a spelling freebie from Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies (click the name to navigate to the freebie) It's that time of year where the students are OVER doing spelling homework. For the past two weeks they have been doing Tic-Tac-Toe spelling...which most enjoy...especially the picture drawing exercises and the activity they can choose to do by cutting letters and their spelling words out of magazines and newspapers. But as I said I try to keep it different and interesting, so when I saw this activity I "hopped" on it :)

 Head over to Think, Wonder, Teach to pick up your cup of coffee (which I will probably need tomorrow after the night I think I am about to have!). Seriously though she is having some great give-a-ways this month, so go enter!

Have I mentioned how much I am jealous of LOVE Third Grade Gridiron?! Well I am a little jealous, she seems to have it together and the products she makes I swear she gets in my head when I am sleeping and makes them! Which saves me so much time, but I can't say I have saved so much money :) But this weekend she posted a Heroes of Our Democracy review packet that is amazing and FREE! So click her name above to retrieve. Also on her TPT store she posted a perimeter/area packet (FREE) that my kids LOVE.

Since this is just around the corner for me, I was so excited when 4th Grade Frolics posted this multiplication task card freebie! YEA! (is 2 digit multiplication though)

And finally to feed my crafty side here was a cute craft to do with pencil erasers. Ucreate with Kids posted a link to the original blog.

I hope you get some great freebies and ideas! Maybe I'll get to make/share some things of my own soon!

Have a great evening
Jessica